The sections on specific art hazards are based on the following resources:
- Ceramics is based on Ceramics by Michael McCann, Ph.D., CIH
- Painting and Drawing is based on Art Painting and Drawing by Angela Babin, M.S.
- Photography is based on Photographic Processing Hazards by Michael McCann, Ph.D., CIH
- Printmaking is based on Lithography, Intaglio and Relief Printing by Angela Babin, M.S.; Michael McCann, Ph.D., C.I.H.; and Devora Neumark
- Sculpture is based on Woodworking Hazards and Traditional Sculpting Hazards both by Michael McCann, Ph.D., C.I.H. and Angela Babin, M.S.
- The Artist’s Complete Health and Safety Guide, Monona Rossol, MS, MFA
- Artist Beware – Michael McCann, PhD, CIH
- Overexposure: Photography Hazards -Susan Shaw and Monona Rossol
- Making Art Safely – M. Spandorfer, D. Curtiss, J. Snyder, MD
- Stage Fright: Health & Safety in Theater – Monona Rossol, MS, MFA
- Health Hazards Manual for Artists – Michael McCann, PhD, CIH