The Department of Art at Florida State University recognizes that it is only through inclusion that we can unleash the power of diversity. In pursuit of this, we:
· honor the full spectrum of human identity as represented by our students, faculty and staff,
· cultivate an environment where all are encouraged to be their authentic selves,
· support local and global initiatives predicated on fair and equitable treatment for everyone,
· take it as our mission to prepare students to thrive in these changing times, and
· celebrate our students’ capacity as agents of transformation, in art and design worlds and beyond.
These ideals guide our teaching, research, and service and govern our relationships with the many communities we touch.
For more information on the University’s ongoing diversity and inclusion efforts, please visit: https://diversity.fsu.edu/