Metalworking Scholarship from Travers Tool Company
Travers Tool is proud to announce their first ever Metalworking Student Scholarship. Travers Tool will award $1,250 in tools to a student enrolled in metalworking or a welding program at a vocational, technical school, community college or university. As your metalworking experts, Travers Tool is thrilled to sponsor the industry’s next generation of machinists.
Participants must meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled at an accredited high school, college, or university in the U.S.
- Enrolled at the graduate level, undergraduate level or your final year of high school
- Aged seventeen (17) years or older
- Completed metalworking classes in the last calendar year
- Applications must be received by by December 31, 2018
- Please send your application via email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- There is no formal printed application from Travers Tool, all necessary information is on this page
- No need to print this page; just send your written response and contact information
- Do not send any letters of recommendation, tax returns, bank balances, resumes or CVs
- Applicants grant permission for Travers to publish project photos and publicly announce winner
Your application should include:
- Section 1: A personal essay — limited to three paragraphs, and between 500 and 1,500 words — about yourself and your interest in metalworking.
- Section 2: A project review detailing — in writing, with pictures and/or diagrams — a machining project that you completed. It should cover the tools you used, your deployed methods, and it should explain the goal of your completed work.
- First & last name
- Email address