Baade’s work is exhibited in museums and galleries nationally and internationally, including: the John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art, Mesa Contemporary Museum of Art, the Museum of Contemporary Art in Jacksonville, the Delaware Contemporary, Billy Shire Fine Arts and La Luz de Jesus in Los Angeles, the Harwood Museum in Taos, the Museum Instituto de America de Santa Fe in Granada, Spain; and the Ningbo Art Museum in China. Her awards include a State of Florida Individual Artist Fellowship Award and Delaware Division of the Arts Award for Established Artist in Painting. Raised on the front range in Colorado, she lives and works in Northern Florida, where she is a Professor of Painting and Drawing at Florida State University.
- MFA, University of Delaware
- BFA, School of the Art Institute of Chicago
- Florence Academy of Art, Italy
Areas of Responsibility
Research & Teaching Areas of Interests & Expertise
- Historic materials and technique of the old masters, with emphasis on processes from 1250 to 1860, including egg tempera and indirect oil glazing. Contemporary focus includes the techniques and genre development of the Lowbrow, Pop Surreal and Visionary Artists.
- Baade was awarded the Florida Division of Cultural Affairs Individual Artist Fellowship in 2010, the Delaware Division of the Arts Fellowship for Established Artist in 2005, and was nominated for the prestigious United States Artist Fellowship in 2006 and the Joan Mitchell Grant in 2012.
- She has been featured in several publications and media outlets, including recent profiles: American Art Collector, Beautiful Bizarre Magazine, Miroir Magazine: Myth & Majesty, PoetsArtists, and Hi Fructose.
Select Scholarly and Creative Works
- First Prize, Pensacola Museum of Art (2021)
- Purchase Award, Winners XX, Biggs Museum of American Art (2021).
- Guest of Honor, International Festival of Arts, Chimeria, Sudan, France (2018) .
- Guest Artist, Dragon Con, Atlanta, GA (2013).