The 621 Gallery Internship Program provides on-the-job training and learning experiences for college students in related fields of study, such as art history, arts administration, dance, journalism, accounting, business administration, and hospitality.
Working under the supervision of the 621 Board of Directors, interns will assist with day-to-day operations that culminate in the gallery’s exhibitions, programs, and special events. Each intern will spend the semester completing a project of their choosing with the assistance of the 621 Board of Directors.
The gallery offers the chance for students to gain skills in their area(s) of study, build their resume and receive a letter of recommendation upon request following the successful completion of the internship. Please note that all interns are required to attend a training session at the beginning of the semester where they will learn preparatory skills and proper methods of art handling.
Please submit the following by Monday, 08.26.19
– A cover letter
– A resume / CV
– Apply through this link: http://www.621gallery.org/intern-volunteer/
– Interns are responsible for establishing and implementing their personal goals for the duration of the internship. Interns will participate in a monthly evaluation with gallery staff to discuss the progress of their semester goals.
– Interns are required to select at least one area of concentration. Other tasks will be assigned as needed.
– Interns will open and close the gallery for the public during the hours of operation at least once a week (Thursday – Sunday 1:00 to 5:00 p.m.).
– Interns will work with staff and other interns to run exhibition openings during First Friday and other special events.
– Interns will help install and deinstall gallery exhibitions monthly.
– Interns will help with sales and management of the 621 Store.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org