Allison Spence is a nationally exhibiting, inter-disciplinary artist interested in subtle patterns in nature and culture that seem to actively defy—or intentionally confuse—the very human tendency towards definition. Her research frequently branches into different fields, including biology, horror comics, botany, digital translation, and American art history.
- MFA, Visual Arts. University of California, San Diego.
- BFA, Studio Art (Painting). University of Florida.
- BA, Art History. University of Florida.
Research & Teaching Areas of Interests & Expertise
- Expanded forms of painting
- Body horror
- Experimental writing
- Trans-disciplinary explorations of the intersections of art, culture, and science.