Weatherspoon Art Museum is Hiring a Curator of Exhibitions
Weatherspoon Art Museum at The University of North Carolina Greensboro seeks an innovative and energetic Curator of Exhibitions to lead its nationally recognized contemporary exhibitions program. The successful candidate will have a thorough knowledge of contemporary art and a proven record of successful exhibitions and original publications, with a commitment to diversity. The Curator of Exhibitions works closely with the museum’s Contemporary Collectors Group, and advises on contemporary acquisitions for the collection.
The position holds adjunct faculty status, and the candidate must be interested in working with fine arts graduate students and participating in both the university environment and the Greensboro community. The person should be interested in developing professional and community partnerships, and in helping to further build museum audiences through thoughtful and engaging projects.
- Organize or serve as project manager for 6 or more exhibitions annually, ranging from major special exhibitions to smaller visiting artist shows and, on occasion, focused exhibitions from the permanent collection
- Build and maintain strong relationships with donors, collectors, museum board members, galleries, and colleagues at other institutions; work with the Director to raise funds for exhibitions
- Participate actively in the museum field and contribute to it through publications, lectures, and presentations at conferences
- An advanced degree in art history, curatorial studies or other relevant field
- A minimum of five years’ curatorial experience, preferably within a museum context
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively with staff and a wide variety of museum donors, visitors, members, and volunteers to help realize the vision of the museum
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Demonstrated success in developing and maintaining exhibition budgets; experience in grant-writing and fundraising
How to Apply / Contact
To apply, please visit: https://jobsearch.uncg.edu/postings/2428
Deadline July 1. Please include resume, cover letter, writing samples, and a list of three references. http://weatherspoon.uncg.edu.