The Office of University Communications has a vacancy for an Online News Editor. Please feel free to share the position announcement those you feel might be interested.
This is a key position member of the university’s integrated marketing and communications team within the office of University Communication — working closely with the faculty, staff and students to develop and produce positive publicity about the university delivered in multiple formats for regional, national and global audiences.
* Manages the university’s online news site (Florida State 24/7 and FSU Web site postings) to include news, graphics, video, social media content
* Produces and distributes news releases/advisories/articles
* Cultivates and maintains relationships with media to enhance the university’s media relation strategy to include story idea pitching
* Proofreads copy for the unit and other areas
* Provides communications and media relations advice and counsel to internal FSU constituencies.
Questions about the position can be directed to Keith Bromery, director of communications and media relations (email@example.com), or me.