Open Call for Applications for the 2015-2016 Residency Year in Galveston
The Galveston Artist Residency is pleased to announce an Open Call for applications for the 2015-2016 Residency Year.
They will be awarding 3 residency grants for the time period of September 1, 2015 through August 1, 2016. The residency period for all three selected artists is the full 11 months.
GAR is a fully funded residency. Artists in residence will receive a studio, an apartment, a monthly stipend of $1,000 per month and a bicycle.
The residency is intended as a gift of time for the development of your practice. We are looking for visual artists that are at a point in their life where they need to focus on their work and will benefit from a period of intense studio time.
GAR is located in Galveston TX, a barrier island about one hour away from Houston, on the east Texas coast. Galveston is an eclectic mixture of tourism & industry with a rich history.
If you are interested in being considered for the Residency program please submit the following application materials no later than March 14th, 2015:
- A cd with 20 images of your work and/or a dvd with 20 minutes of video footage. All files will be viewed on a Macintosh system. Please label each file lastname.firstname.number.
Hard copies of the following:
- An image list with Title/Date/Media/Dimensions.
- A Statement of Intent, which includes why you are interested in doing a residency with GAR.
- 3 professional references who we may contact regarding your application.
- A current resume with a phone number, address and email where you can be reached.
Please send your application materials to the address listed below:
Galveston Artist Residency
2521 Ships Mechanic Row
Galveston, TX 77550
Recipients of the residency grant will be notified of their acceptance by the end of April. Application materials will not be returned, so please do not send any original work, dvds, etc. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
For questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (409) 974 4446, or email at:
or more information, please visit our website: