FSU Art Seeking a Photo Lab Manager (part-time, approx. 25–30hrs / week)
The FSU Department of Art currently seeks the skills of a dedicated lab manager to cover the following areas:
• Digital and Darkroom Photography studios
(wet darkroom, digital labs, photographic lighting studio, and large format printing facilities)
• Basic maintenance/oversight of three other Macintosh-based computer labs (~ 16 machines per lab)
• Camera and AV equipment management and checkout
• Management of grad student / volunteer lab staff
• Video shooting / editing for departmental use
• Management of Large Format Printing Service
Good working knowledge of Macintosh computers and OSX, Adobe Creative Suite (esp. Photoshop / Illustrator), digital cameras, digital projectors, and video cameras.
Some mix of the following are recommended skills: Intermediate to advanced knowledge of digital SLR cameras, video shooting and editing, and large format digital printing.
Ideal candidates will have an enthusiasm for creative practices, good communication skills, be able to learn new skills, and be resourceful problem solvers.
Pay is commensurate with experience.
Deadline for applying is August 11, 2015.
Position starts August 24, 2015 (negotiable).
Please email resume and letter of application to Carolyn Henne, Chair, Department of Art, FSU at email@example.com