Assistant Professor(s) in Art – School of Art – Louisiana Tech University
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR(S) IN ART | SCHOOL OF ART | LOUISIANA TECH UNIVERSITY
TENURE TRACK POSITION(S): Assistant Professor(s) of Art in Photography or Printmaking or Sculpture Disciplines. Applicants who are able to demonstrate expertise in a combination of these disciplines are highly desirable.
SALARY: Commensurate with qualifications and experience. Compensation includes full benefits.
DEADLINE: Applications will be reviewed immediately and continue until the position(s) are filled. For full consideration all materials should be sent by June 21st.
START DATE: September 1, 2013
- Teach undergraduate and graduate level art courses
- Serve on graduate student committees
- Pursue professional research and exhibition record
- Advise art students
- Participate in development of the Art Program
- Assist with management and maintenance of facilities
- Engage in service to the School, University, community, and professional organizations
- MFA in Art, in the photography, printmaking, or sculpture discipline; Degree conferred before September 2013.
- Strong foundations experience and willingness to teach in the core
- University/college teaching experience beyond a graduate teaching assistant preferred
- Exhibition record demonstrating professional recognition of creative work
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of art history, traditional and contemporary processes, and theories
- Knowledge of, and experience with Adobe Creative Suite 6
- A working knowledge of both traditional and non-traditional methods is strongly preferred
A COMBINATION OF THE FOLLOWING SKILLS IS PREFERRED:
- Digital and analog photography experience and historical knowledge of the medium. Lighting, digital editing and printing, alternative processes skills desirable. Video making and editing is a plus.
- Knowledge of multiple printmaking processes
- Knowledge of, and experience with Rhino and Rhino-Cam or related software and have a working knowledge of traditional and non-traditional sculpture processes and materials.
APPLICATION MUST INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS SAVED AS PDFS:
- Letter of intent stating qualifications for position
- One page artist statement
- One page teaching philosophy
- Names for three references: title, e-mail address, and phone number
- PDF file of 20 images representing personal artwork, video may also be uploaded
- PDF file of 20 images representing student artwork, video may also be uploaded
- Image list of personal and student work, stating media, dimensions, and dates
- Unofficial graduate transcripts
- All application materials must be sent digitally to the job listing at: http://artlatech.slideroom.com