Arts and Athletics Summer Camp | Counselor Position
- The Arts and Athletics Summer Camp Program is looking for enthusiastic students who have an interest in positive youth development to serve as summer camp counselors.
- The camp provides students aged 11-14 a foray into university life and academics, with a focus on the arts, athletics, and student life.
- The camp will be held from June 6 – June 10. 2016.
Camp counselors will lead campers through the activities of the week and will be responsible for camper safety, engagement, and behavior.
- The counselor will hold in high regard the ideals of teamwork, respect, responsibility, and collaboration.
- Counselors will be available from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day of the camp.
- The camp counselor positions are all volunteer positions.
All majors and disciplines are encouraged to apply.
- Attend four, three hour long counselor trainings prior to the
- Guide campers through activities and encourage full participation
- Identify, manage, and respond to any camper behavior issues
- Communicate with Event Coordinator and Events Intern about participant experiences and report concerns to camp leadership
Students who are selected as Camp Counselors may use their camp experience to:
- Receive a Direct Independence Study though the College of Social Work (May be
used as an elective for any major, but students should check with their individual program of study)
- Develop an internship
- Fulfill Garnet and Gold Scholar Society engagement area requirements
- Fulfill volunteer or ServScript Hours
- Conduct research in consultation with faculty
For more information, contact:
Nicole Ramos, M.S.
Florida State University College of Social Work
firstname.lastname@example.org | 850. 645. 9767
Requirements for Application:
- Student at FSU in good standing
- Experience in camp, youth programs, recreation, working with children, or in a related field
- Ability to lead and facilitate program activities
- Ability to collaborate well with others and enjoy working as a member of a team
- Ability to supervise and teach adolescents
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
For more information and to submit an application, visit the FSU Career Center SeminoleLink database (position #774420) or check out the FSU College of Social Work Facebook page.