Art Director Employment Opportunity
77001066-51254071-20120516141504 — ART DIRECTORS
Agency: Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission
Working Title: ART EDITOR
Broadband/Class Code: 27-1011-03
Position Number: 77001066
Annual Salary Range: $1,080.50 biweekly
Announcement Type: Open Competitive
Pay Grade/ Pay Band: BB007
Closing Date: 6/1/2012
JOB FAMILY: ARTS, DESIGN AND MEDIA
OCCUPATIONAL GROUP: ARTISTS AND DESIGNERS
OCCUPATION: ART DIRECTORS
ONLY ELECTRONIC APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED
PENDING RECLASSIFICATION TO ART EDITOR
Position number – 77001066
Address and telephone number
2574 Seagate Drive, Marathon Building
Tallahassee, Florida 32301
Supervisor: Mark A. Trainor
Description of duties –
- Duties of the position include designing original artwork and graphics that meets agency guidelines, mission and serves the public and Commission. Projects and collaborations include, but are not limited to the following:
- Publication design
- Vehicle wraps
- Exhibit work
- Point of purchase or display items
- Specialty items
- Graphic support for video production
- Support for photography
- Logos and identities
- Knowledge and experience using the following software on a Mac platform:
- Adobe CS5
- Microsoft Office
- Final Cut Studio, iMovie and/or Flash experience helpful
- The following skills are necessary for this position:
- Strong illustration and compositional abilities
- Strong working knowledge and experience with pre-press printing requirements
- Color management and theory
- Strong knowledge and experience with file management and formatting for print, web and video
- Ability to write printing specifications, decipher and manage bids
- Must work with commercial vendors to complete various projects courteously and professionally
- Ability to work on multiple projects and tight deadlines
- Strong communication and client consultation skills
- Ability to research and recommend materials, printing and creative execution strategies for projects
- Must keep good records and backups of all FWC working files
- Responsible for timely and accurate processing and approval as appropriate of vendor invoices
- Apply and research current and new industry technologies
- Performs other related work as required
- Courteously serves the Commission and Public to field or answer questions related to the agency mission.
Broadband code – 27-1011-03
Class code – 3739 Pending reclassification to 3716
Title – Pending reclassification to a Art Editor
County – Leon
Working hours – Monday through Friday, 40 hours
List of any subordinates supervised: None
Residency requirement: None
Level of Education- A.A.; A.S.; B.A.
FWC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
The State Florida hires only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized alien workers. If a conditional offer of employment is made, you will be required to provide identification and proof of citizenship and or authorization to work in the United States for the hiring authority to which applications is made. E-Verify will be used to confirm work authorization.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or the People First Service Center (1-877-562-7287). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes, eligible veterans and spouses of veterans will receive preference in employment and are encouraged to apply. For applicants claiming Veterans’ Preference, please attach supporting documentation that includes character of service (for example, DD form 214 Member Copy #4) when you apply for a vacancy. Applicants may also fax their supporting documentation to People First at 1-888-403-2110. All documentation is due by the closing date of the job announcement.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
Sound Interesting? Click here
to find submission information about this job.