Apply today to be a South Arts Intern
Now Accepting Internship Applications for the Fall!
Come and work with us! The South Arts internship program provides learning opportunities and on-the-job experience to college juniors/seniors, graduate students, and recent college graduates with a professional interest in arts administration. Interns are expected to work 15-20 hours per week, participate in daily activities, contribute skills, and produce excellent work. Interns will also discuss and present on ideas that address issues affecting the arts community, expand their professional network, and gain valuable experience in program management. Interns may earn up to three hours of school credit or receive a $500 stipend.
Undergraduate junior/senior, graduate student, or recent college graduate (within one year) with:
- Experience or demonstrated interest in the arts and/or arts administration.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to establish priorities and manage numerous assignments simultaneously.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (particularly Word and Excel) and experience conducting Internet-based research are required.
- Knowledge of any of the following is desirable, but not required: Microsoft Outlook, Blackbaud/Kintera, Audacity, Facebook, YouTube, and/or Twitter.
- Graphic design and/or video editing skills are a plus.
- Experience in managing databases in Excel, Access, or any kind of registration system.
How to Apply
Email the following to Bola Ogunlade, email@example.com. Please include “Fall 2012 Internship” in the subject line of your email.
- Cover letter discussing career goals, computer skills, and when you are available to start. (Start and end dates are flexible provided that a full term is completed.)
- Academic/Professional résumé.
- Names and contact information for two academic and/or professional references.
Application deadline is Friday, August 24, 2012 by 5 p.m.
For questions, please contact Bola Ogunlade at firstname.lastname@example.org /404-201-7938.
For additional information visit www.southarts.org