Creative Projects Manager – Temporary 9-mnth position with benefits
Reporting to the Associate Vice President, Collaborative Enterprises, the Creative Projects Manager is responsible for the direction and management of multiple client projects for the Collaboratory.
This is a temporary 9-month staff position with benefits, August 11, 2014 through May 10, 2015.
The Creative Projects Manager will act as a mentor to inspire and direct a team of student artists and designers on a variety of creative projects from concept to implementation. The Creative Projects Manager will work closely with the Collaboratory Staff, in particular Collaboratory Operations, to ensure efficient and timely project execution. Additionally, the Creative Projects Manager will be expected to interact and facilitate programming directly with the Ringling academic departments and faculty as well as external client partners to ensure creative concepts and execution meets the established business and academic objectives. The Creative Projects Manager will also be required to provide advice and guidance so that students can effectively communicate with clients in both creative presentations and feedback meetings.
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Develop and manage project schedules and timelines to provide overall art and creative direction for multiple client contracts
- Work with faculty facilitators to guide various teams of students on client–based projects related to graphic design, motion graphics, advertising design, fine arts and other creative industry areas
- Coordinate and communicate with clients about their design needs, project deliverables and project status and coordinate with faculty facilitators for delivery
- Manage collaborative relationships with faculty, administrators, clients, and students
- Demonstrate team leadership skills to ensure internal and external expectations are met
- Work with faculty to mentor students in a variety of roles within project teams
- Assist in developing and attaining departmental student learning goals and objectives around client projects
- Manage student applications, selection, and staffing of project teams in an on-going experiential learning environment
- Assist in evaluating client contract deadlines and managing resources against contract as needed to execute the creative process against established timelines and budgets
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Design related field and 4 years of experience in a design related field.
- Extensive experience in advertising, graphic design, interaction design and/or visual communications.
- The ability to interact with business clients and creative teams simultaneously to bridge gaps and manage communications.
- Demonstration of successful leadership experiences with a team of direct reports, outstanding conceptual abilities and collaborative skills.
- Strong team building and management skills.
- Communication skills with the ability to present information in verbal, written or visual form to a variety of audiences, from the internal team to client executives.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to effectively allocate resources.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficiency in the latest versions of design software including: Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash and InDesign, etc.
- Teaching or mentoring experience
- Proficiency in the latest version of After Effects
This is a temporary 9-month staff position with benefits, August 11, 2014 to May 10, 2015. For full consideration apply by June 6, 2014. Open until filled. For more information and to apply on line go to: https://ringling.simplehire.com
Ringling College of Art and Design is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply Here: https://ringling.simplehire.com/?jtsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eicfad%2Eorg%2F&jtsrcid=12369&jtrfr=