Marketing/PR Coordinator, FSU Center for Leadership and Social Change
The Center for Leadership and Social Change is a new organizational structure representing the joining of Florida State’s Center for Leadership and Civic Education and Center for Multicultural Affairs. With a mission to transform lives through leadership education, identity development, and community engagement we seek a colleague who desires to work with us toward our vision.
The Marketing and Public Relations Coordinator is responsible for planning, developing, and implementing a comprehensive and innovative marketing, public relations, and promotion program which convey the Center for Leadership and Social Change’s vision, mission, and values and aimed at increasing the awareness and usage of all departmental programs and services by varied user groups including students, alumni, parents, faculty/staff and community members.
• Coordinates all advertising for The Center including: design, creation, timing, and placement.
• Using desktop publishing and image creation software designs, creates the majority of all printed pieces including, but not limited to: brochures, flyers, reports, advertisements, posters, banners, promotional items (t-shirts, pens, etc.), newsletters and other marketing collateral.
• Creates and maintains a high quality visual image and interactive information capacity through the ongoing revitalization of the department’s electronic communications including, but not limited to the departmental website. Evaluates and implements new media tools where appropriate, such as digital video, photography, listservs, online social networking communities, Flash animation, podcasting, and blogs.
• Analyzes, organizes and improves existing public relations programs and efforts; finds and initiates new public relations opportunities.
• Coordinates department participation in University and community information fairs; parent and student orientation sessions; preview, admit and transfer day events; request for presentations and workshops. Speaks publicly and/or staffs information table at education fairs, informational sessions, student service fairs, and other promotional activities.
• Conceptualizes and implements comprehensive and innovative marketing strategy which embodies The Center’s vision, mission, and values and generates maximum exposure for The Center services and programs.
• Maintains a historical record of marketing collateral, publications and public relations articles. Maintains files on all expenditures contracted for and associated with Marketing.
• Develops, monitors, and tracks marketing budget. Oversees and orders marketing supplies, maintaining an inventory of promotional and marketing materials.
• Hires, trains and supervises student employees and interns.
• Initiates and maintains strong working relationships with on and off campus vendors for promotional and printing needs to ensure the highest quality and cost effective prices for all projects.
• Keeps current in the field of marketing, advertising, graphic design and computer applications.
• Bachelor’s in related field plus 2 years experience or combination of post high school education and experience equal to six years; Master’s degree in related field preferred
• Experience with developing, designing, and implementing effective advertisement, graphic design, public relation and marketing campaigns, and electronic and web-based communication including web design and social media
• Knowledge of the design and appropriate communication styles for the development of publications
• Knowledge of current media technology and trends
• Ability to prioritize and multitask
• Experience developing relationships
At the FSU site, review the application instructions, then click the ”Browse Job Openings” link. Use ”Advanced Search” to apply for Job Opening ID 34640. Candidates must apply via this FSU web site to be considered for the position. Applicants must complete all parts of the online application and upload a cover letter and resume with references.
The application deadline is Tuesday, October 23, 2012.