- Repetitive work like drilling, pouring, sanding, and measuring are the labors of industry and art-making is an industrious job.
- It is possible that repetitive honing by hand may imbue a work with more humanity than a large painterly gesture.
- You can build something big from small parts (or cover large distances by taking small steps).
- Color is delightful and beautiful.
- Connecting walls with Zip Ties and hobby brackets is not stable… but not unstable either because in a gallery the work has its own force field.
- I am committed to the idea of mutual generosity between the artist and viewer.
- Just as language inelegantly morphs and adapts when necessary, so does art, and my work is happily and awkwardly adrift.
Georgia State University (MFA)