FSU students are welcome to join this opportunity as a member of the feature length motion picture marketing internship team available through The Torchlight Program for fall 2016. This program has grown to be recognized nationally for its work in bridging education with industry.
The fall internship semester runs from August 29th through December 16, 2016.
I am currently recruiting a select group of students to join our team members to directly assist me in my independent motion picture marketing company which consults with a variety of producer, director and distribution clients in the motion picture industry as we market their fall releases throughout the country.
I will be conducting interviews daily Monday-Friday 1p.m. – 7p.m. during the remainder of the current summer semester and during the first week of this fall session drop / add week.
This fall we anticipate marketing approximately 8-10 new independent motion picture feature films through my entrepreneurial marketing company. Our new title lineup for the semester will include a number of films that premiered at prominent film festivals including Sundance, SXSW, Tribeca, Hamptons Int. FF, and Festival de Cannes among many others.Once you receive this advisory please contact us to reserve a position by taking a moment to call or email so we may schedule a personal interview as soon as your schedule permits. Be sure to include your mobile # and email contacts.
Gayle Gari / Administrative Assistant
Or contact me directly, if you prefer:
Paul Cohen / Executive Director
Selected interns will screen films before they are released to the public and work on social media marketing of a number of new feature length motion picture releases as well as engage in other film industry opportunities, such as film festival development (Covey Film Festival) and screenings (the Student Veteran Film Festival presentation) during this upcoming semester.
REQUIREMENTS For the Internship: Accepted interns must provide each of the following:
1. A laptop is required for the internship
2. Transportation to and from the Torchlight Center. (Directions are at the bottom of this email). The Torchlight Center is located approximately 10 miles from the center of Campus just off of Tennessee St. (90 W)
3. A minimum of 12 hours per week to devote to the internship, with hour commitment accommodations possible and discussed during the interview.
4. Students must be enrolled as an FSU undergraduate or graduate student during the duration of the internship.
5. A minimum GPA of 3.0 (and/or “a compelling reason why you want this internship”).
This is a non-paying internship, however, course credit for this internship is available through your department in most instances and can be arranged through your academic adviser.
This opportunity is a powerful resume building professional experience for students going on to graduate programs or beginning their careers in their industry.