Tallahassee Community College is looking for a part-time Digital Photography Lab Monitor for the spring semester, two nights per week. Photography knowledge is not necessary, but it is a plus.
The Digital Photography Lab Monitor is responsible for the following:
- Monitoring computer users to ensure that they are authorized for access.
- Helping students by answering their questions, including:
- Referring them to other information sources (i.e. instructor, handouts, manuals).
- Providing general help with computer operation and software features (printing, saving and retrieving documents).
- Helping with special features of lab supported software packages.
- Disk operations (formatting disks, copying files).
- Maintaining the lab, which includes:
- Checking lab supplies (printer ink cartridges).
- Reporting problems or lack of supplies.
- Checking for damaged or faulty equipment, vandalism and theft.
- Housekeeping (ensuring paper is in bins, chairs under desks, etc.)
- Checking for rule violations.
- Being prompt and responsible, which means:
- Opening and closing the lab on time.
- Being on time for scheduled shifts and notifying a supervisor if unable to report.
- Not leaving the lab for an extended period of time during shifts and notifying supervisors if there is a problem.
- Maintaining a professional presence, which means:
- Behaving in a professional manner while in a lab.
- Treating all users with courtesy and respect.
- Not spending too much time with one user at the expense of others who may need help.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply or to obtain more information.