Submit a page to the unbound book about death
“A Book About Death” is an artists’ collaborative project conceived by collage artist Matthew Rose for the Emily Harvey Foundation in New York City where the original exhibition took place from September 10 – 22, 2009.
Over 500 artists contributed 500 postcards each created from artworks made especially to create an unbound book about memory and death. The exhibition has become a global phenomenon, as well as becoming part of the permanent collections of the Museum of Modern Art and the LA County Museum of Art Research Library.
1) Send one two dimensional postcard, print or artwork in any media framed or unframed to exhibit in the gallery.
2) The art needs to have the words ”A Book About Death” in any language somewhere on the front.
3) The size may range from 10.16 cm x 15.24 cm (the smallest size) 4”x6” to 20.32 cm x 25.4 cm (the largest size) 8”x10”
OPTIONAL: You may produce 100 10.16 cm x 15.24 cm 4”x6” prints, photocopies or postcards of artwork, with any artist information (biography & contact) printed on the back. These cards will be available for gallery visitors. Almendra Sandoval will save any remaining cards to distribute in appropriate venues to promote ABAD artists.
4) The gallery will not accept any art that has customs/delivery fees or postage due.
5) Deadline for art to arrive at gallery:
10pm October 31, 2011
6) Email a jpeg for A Book About Death Seattle blog. Send artist’s name, website or blog links and jpeg of image to: email@example.com for posting on A Book About Death Seattle blog http://abadseattle.blogspot.com/
7) Kathleen McHugh and Herb Sundvall, blog administrators, will post artwork and artist information on the blog as soon as the jpegs are received from the artists; confirmation of the work at the gallery will be posted on the blog when received by the gallery.
Quetzalcoatl Gallery, Seattle (http://abadseattle.blogspot.com/2011/07/almendra-sandoval-quetzalcoatl.html)